This Emergency First Aid at Work course is an excellent introduction to First Aid techniques. The Emergency First Aid at Work training course is ideal for those who have been identified as requiring a basic level of first aid knowledge by their employer’s first aid needs assessment, or for anyone with an interest in learning basic life saving skills.
This is an informative course set in a relaxed and positive atmosphere, encouraging delegate participation in practical exercises simulating emergency situations. It can be delivered at your premises, or at one of our training rooms in Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, North East England, close to Durham or Newcastle, or at our training venue at Billingham. Please note that a maximum of 12 delegates can be accommodated on this course.
By the end of the course delegates will be confident in being able to:
- Identify the aims of first aid
- Manage a first aid emergency situation
- Give Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), including the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Control severe blood loss
- Manage an unconscious casualty
- Recognise the symptoms of a number of life threatening and non-life threatening conditions associated with most workplaces.
Successful delegates will be issued with a HSF Training Ltd Emergency First Aid at Work certificate, which is valid for 3 years from the date the training took place.
We do also offer this course as a Level 2 awarding body accredited qualification. The syllabus is the same but successful delegates will receive a Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work certificate from the awarding body. Please contact us regarding costs for this training option or for an in-house course.
Our open course dates for 2017:
- 17th January
- 14th March
- 23rd May
- 14th July (sorry, fully booked)
- 10th August (sorry, fully booked)
- 11th August
- 21st August
- 25th August
- 21st September (sorry, fully booked)
- 1st November