First Aid at Work training provides individuals with skills that can save lives and promote recovery in a casualty. This three day First Aid at Work course provides in-depth coverage of possible workplace accidents and illnesses and their treatment. The mix of theory and practical based learning helps increase understanding and knowledge of first aid procedures.
This 3 day course is suitable for those designated as first aiders in their workplace and who have been identified as needing in-depth training by their employer’s first aid needs assessment. It is also ideal for anyone who would like to learn how to assist casualties outside of the workplace.
The First Aid at Work course is delivered at our training rooms in Sunderland, Tyne & Wear and Billingham, Cleveland. We also deliver this course, in-house for businesses who struggle to release staff offsite. Please note, as per HSE guidance, the maximum number of delegates who can be accommodated on this training course is 12.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the aims of first aid
- Manage a first aid emergency situation
- Give Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), including the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Control severe blood loss
- Manage an unconscious casualty, including seizures
- Recognise the symptoms of a number of life threatening and non-life threatening conditions associated with most workplaces, including:
- anaphylactic shock
- eye injuries
- spinal injury
- temperature extremes.
Remember there are no hidden extras, the course includes:
- All course materials, including a First Aid at Work textbook
- Lunch and refreshments provided on open courses
- Successful delegates will receive a Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (FAAW) certificate from the awarding body, Highfield Qualifications.
Our open course dates for 2018:
- 15th-17th January
- 6th-8th February
- 25th-27th April
- 23rd-25th May
- 9th-11th July
- 13th-15th august
- 24th-26th September
- 24th-26th October
- 7th-9th November
- 12th-14th December.