The Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management for Caterers course, is aimed at all those responsible for the purchase, delivery, production and serving of food in the catering industry, as well as those who own or manage small catering businesses.
This course will provide candidates with knowledge relating to the control of food ingredients, including allergens, at all stages of food purchase and production, as well as the process for ensuring accurate ingredient information is available for customers at point of sale and service. The topics covered by this course are regarded by the Food Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
The Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management for Caterers course will be especially useful in view of the requirement for caterers to provide clear and accurate information regarding all the ingredients in food they sell, due to come into force at the end of 2014.
- The different roles in ensuring that food ingredients and allergens are effectively managed
- The characteristics of food allergies and food intolerances
- Procedures relating to the accurate communication of ingredient information, from supplier to customer
- Hygiene considerations with regards to allergen and ingredient control
- Procedures relating to the control of contamination and cross-contamination of allergenic ingredients.
This course can also be delivered at your premises, which may be more cost effective if you have several people requiring the training. Please contact us for further details.