Manual Handling – Principles and Practice
Manual Handling is one of the main causes of injury in the workplace, to attend this course shows a commitment to train and protect your workforce from such injuries. This will produce both short term and long term benefits to all.
By the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Understand the causes of common back injuries
- Understand the principles of good movement
- Know how to apply these principles to their own work situations
The course is practical, interactive, with ample opportunity to practice the movements under the supervision of the trainer and to discuss their application to participant’s own work.
- Introduction and objectives
- Review of Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended 2004)
- Common back injuries and their causes
- Principles of good movement
- Practical application of movements
- Review of practical session
The course ends in a short multi-choice test and practical assessment.
This is delivered as an ‘in-house course’, we will train your staff within your premises, or if it suits you better we can deliver the course at our well equipped training rooms in Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, North East England, at a date and time that works for you. Please contact us for further details or for a quote for in-house training.