First Aid at Work training provides individuals with skills that can save lives and promote recovery in a casualty. This three day First Aid at Work course provides in-depth coverage of possible workplace accidents and illnesses and their treatment. The mix of theory and practical based learning helps increase understanding and knowledge of first aid procedures.
This 3 day course is suitable for those designated as first aiders in their workplace and who have been identified as needing in-depth training by their employer’s first aid needs assessment. It is also ideal for anyone who would like to learn how to assist casualties outside of the workplace.
The First Aid at Work course is delivered at our training rooms in Sunderland, Tyne & Wear. We also deliver this course, in-house for businesses who struggle to release staff offsite. Please note, as per HSE guidance, the maximum number of delegates who can be accommodated on this training course is 12.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the aims of first aid
- Manage a first aid emergency situation
- Give Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), including the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Control severe blood loss
- Manage an unconscious casualty, including seizures
- Recognise the symptoms of a number of life threatening and non-life threatening conditions associated with most workplaces, including:
- anaphylactic shock
- eye injuries
- spinal injury
- temperature extremes.
The course cost includes:
- All course materials, including notes
- Tea, coffee and water are provided on open courses
- Successful delegates will receive an HSF Training Ltd First Aid at Work (FAAW) certificate.
This course can also be taken as the accredited Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work. Please contact us for details.
Our open course dates for 2021:
- 11th-13th January
- 2nd-4th February
- 8th-10th March
- 13th– 15th April
- 18th – 20th May
- 14th-16th June
- 5th-7th July
- 12th-14th July
- 1st-3rd August
- 16th-18th August
- 1st-3rd September
- 21st-23rd September
- 12th-14th October
- 2nd-4th November
- 16th-18th November
- 6th-8th December
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, courses may be subject to change. We will, of course, do our best to minimise disruption to schedules and provide as much notice as possible of any amendments which become necessary.