A course designed for all first tier food handlers, the aim of the Level 2 Award in Food Safety is to provide attendees with an understanding of the fundamentals of food hygiene practice and to equip them with the practical skills necessary to work safely with food.
The Level 2 Award in Food Safety is delivered as an in-house course within your premises, at a time and date that’s right for you, at competitive rates. Alternatively if you would rather hold the course at our training premises in Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, North East, we can arrange that too. Alternatively, if you only have one or two people who require training, we offer this as distance learning and e-learning options.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the symptoms and main causes of food poisoning
- Understand the characteristics of bacteria and their potential to cause disease and spoil food
- Understand methods of preventing food poisoning
- Understand the need for high personal hygiene for food handlers
- Recognise the need for high standards of hygiene in food premises and the ways of achieving them
- Understand the need for and methods of achieving high standards of cleanliness in food premises
- Understand the basic requirements of the relevant food safety legislation
The course comprises of a mixture of tutor-led discussions, individual exercises and group work. The course ends with a short multi-choice test paper and delegates who successfully complete this will receive a Level 2 Award in Food Safety certificate from Highfield Qualifications.
We can deliver this as an in-house course, distance learning or e-learning. Please contact us for details and quotes.