The Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety training course will give supervisors, managers and others with key roles in food production the knowledge, understanding and practical expertise to implement, maintain and monitor good food hygiene procedures on a day to day basis.
The Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety course is available for both Catering or Manufacturing delegates.
This course is delivered at our training rooms in Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, North East, or can be delivered at our client’s own site. Please call us for a quote for in-house training and to discuss booking a course.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Play an active part in monitoring food hygiene standards
- Be involved in training activities, especially on job training
- Be equipped to effectively supervise food handlers on hygiene issues
- Be able to carry out hygiene audits
- Encourage good standards of personal hygiene
- Assist in implementing HACCP programmes
- Help in the formulation and writing of hygiene policies, instructions etc
The food safety course content includes:
- General introduction to food hygiene and the costs of food poisoning
- Bacteriology, food poisoning and food borne disease
- Hazard analysis & HACCP
- Microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic contamination and control
- Personal hygiene
- Food storage, preparation, temperature control
- Food preservation (manufacturing syllabus)
- Design and construction of food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection, waste control
- Pest control
- Legislation and supervisory management
The training ends with a multi choice test paper. Upon successful completion, delegates will receive a Level 3 Food Safety certificate issued by the Awarding Body.
Our open course dates for 2017:
- 1st & 2nd February
- 6th & 7th December.