The emphasis of the Level 4 Award in Food Safety course is on management responsibility and is intended to equip persons with the knowledge to ensure food businesses are managed and operated in a hygienic way.
Our lead trainer for this course is an awarding body Subject Matter Expertt and delegates training with us have achieved excellent first time pass rates, well above the national average for this award.
This course is available for Catering and Manufacturing and is delivered at our training rooms in Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, North East, or can be delivered at a client’s own site. Please call for a quote for in-house training.
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Contamination hazards and control (microbiological, chemical, physical, allergenic)
- Food poisoning and food borne disease and its control
- Non-bacterial food poisoning and its control (chemical, metal, fish, poisonous plants)
- Personal hygiene controls and management
- Pest control
- Education and training of food handlers
- HACCP and controls from purchase to service
- Management control techniques and developing a food safety culture
- Overview of food safety legislation
Upon successful completion of the end of course assessment, delegates will receive a Level 4 Award in Food Safety certificate from Highfield Qualifications.
Our open courses for 2021:
- 8th-10th, 15th & 16th February
- 21st-24th & 28th June
- 6th-9th & 14th September
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, courses may be subject to change. We will, of course, do our best to minimise disruption to schedules, provide as much notice as possible of any amendments which become necessary and, where possible, offer alternative arrangements such as Zoom delivery or e learning with the option to sit an exam at a later date.