The NEBOSH National General Certificates are among the most widely respected health and safety qualifications in the world. Individuals who successfully complete the course will have a sound understanding of the principles of risk management which will enable them to build an effective safety culture in their company.
We currently offer the NEBOSH National General Certificate at our premises as both a block course and on a week by week basis. Delegates have achieved excellent pass rates – over the last 3 courses held here, more than 70% of students achieved a Credit or Distinction.
We deliver the NEBOSH International General Certificate as an in-house option at our clients’ premises. The NEBOSH National General Certificate can also be delivered as an in-house course – if you have several people requiring training this may be a cost effective option for you.
The course is suitable for both large and small businesses. Larger organisations choose NEBOSH Certificates as a fundamental part of their supervisory or management development programmes. Smaller organisations operating in lower risk environments choose NEBOSH Certificates as the best qualifications for the individuals responsible for health and safety.
The NEBOSH General Certificate is accepted by IOSH, the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health, in meeting the academic requirements for Technician Membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH), when accompanied by a suitable level of health and safety experience. It is also accepted by The International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) for associate membership. NEBOSH Certificates are recognised in many countries as key health and safety qualifications.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate syllabus
Unit NGC1: Management of Health and Safety
- Element 1: Foundations in health and safety
- Element 2: Health and safety management systems – Plan
- Element 3: Health and safety management systems – Do
- Element 4: Health and safety management systems – Check
- Element 5: Health and safety management systems – Act
Unit GC2: Controlling Workplace Risks
- Element 1: Workplace hazards and risk control
- Element 2: Transport hazards and risk control
- Element 3: Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Element 4: Work equipment hazards and risk control
- Element 5: Electrical safety
- Element 6: Fire safety
- Element 7: Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Element 8: Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
Delegates are assessed by means of 2 written exams and completion of a workplace inspection and report, usually carried out at the delegate’s work premises. A unit certificate is issued by NEBOSH denoting successful achievement of each unit. A parchment is issued by NEBOSH on successful completion of the two unit exams and the practical assessment.
Open courses are held at our comfortable training premises in Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, North East England.
Our open National General Certificate courses for 2018:
- 27th March; 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th April; 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th May; exams 6th June
- 30th, 31st July; 1st-3rd, 6th-10th August; exams 5th September
- 25th September; 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th October; 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th November; exams 5th December.