*We are now delivering the new revised syllabus content with 1 written exam and a risk assessment project and learners are assessed via an open book exam.*
One of the most widely respected health and safety qualifications in the world, the NEBOSH National General Certificate is designed for those responsible for health and safety in the workplace. It will provide successful learners with a sound understanding of the principles of health and safety and give them the confidence to carry out risk assessments, manage and minimise workplace risks and support and develop their company’s health and safety culture.
- Why we should manage health and safety
- How health and safety managements systems work and what they look like
- Managing risks – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
The course is usually delivered over 10 days. Students are required to complete home study to assist with the learning process. Delegates are assessed by means of one open book exam (on a date set by NEBOSH) and completion of a comprehensive risk assessment. The new open book exam format means learners can complete the assessment in their own home or workplace. More details regarding the open book exam can be found in our blog post.
Our NEBOSH National General Certificate (NG) 2021 dates
- 8th-12th, 15th – 19th February; exam 7th April
- 22nd, 29th March; 6th, 12th, 19th, 26th April; 4th, 10th, 17th, 24th May; exam date tbc
- 6th-10th, 13th-17th September, exam date tbc
- 20th, 27th September; 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th October; 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd November; exam date tbc
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, courses may be subject to change. We will, of course, do our best to minimise disruption to schedules, provide as much notice as possible of any amendments which become necessary and, where possible, offer alternative arrangements such as Zoom delivery or e learning with the option to sit an exam at a later date.
Open courses are held at our comfortable premises in Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, readily accessible from Newcastle, Durham, Teesside and beyond. If you have several people requiring the training, we can also deliver this course at your premises.
If you would like to discuss whether this course meets your requirements, please call us on 0191 5022515 or email email@example.com and one of our tutorial team will be pleased to assist you.
We also offer the NEBOSH International General Certificate as an in-house course. Please contact us for further information.