Managers and supervisors have key roles to play in influencing the mental health and wellbeing of workforces. This two day understanding mental health for managers course provides learners with a information on areas which will impact on the positive mental health and wellbeing of employees, what they can do to support these and how they can care for their own wellbeing.
This course is specifically aimed at those in supervisory or management level positions who have a responsibility for implementing a positive mental health culture and for first aid for mental health. It would also be beneficial for others within the workplace who require a sound understanding of promoting a positive wellbeing culture and how this can be achieved.
- Definitions of mental health and mental ill health
- Risk factor affecting and stigma associated with mental health
- Self-managing ones own wellbeing
- Moral, legal and financial reasons for supporting wellbeing in the workplace
- The relationship between mental wellbeing and the workplace
- Ways to engage in a mental health conversation with employees
- Ways to support employees in relation to their mental health and wellbeing
- The absence management and return to work process in relation to mental health and wellbeing
- Ways to manage a manager’s own wellbeing in the workplace.
Delegates are assessed by means of 2 multiple choice question papers and, upon successful completion of these, will receive an Ofqual regulated Level 3 Award in Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers.
Our open courses for 2020:
- 25th & 26th February
- 13th & 14th July
- 11th & 12th November.
We offer this course as both open sessions at our Sunderland venue, please click here to book, or as an in-house course at your premises on dates and at times to suit you. Please contact us for more details.