Having arrangements for first aid for mental health in the workplace can ensure basic support and first points of contact are available for those in need of help in the workplace.Whilst not qualified to diagnose to treat mental ill health, trained first aiders for mental health are equipped with the basic tools needed to assist someone, such as listening and signposting them to further support.
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to take on the role of a first aider for mental health in the workplace and anyone appointed to promote positive mental health culture, it is delivered over one day and includes some pre-course reading. It includes information on areas such as recognising mental ill health, supporting mental wellbeing in the workplace and caring for their own wellbeing.
- Definitions of mental health and mental ill health
- Risk factors and stigma associated with mental ill health
- Ways to self manage ones own wellbeing
- The principles of first aid for mental health
- Recognising mental ill health in yourself and others
- Supporting mental wellbeing in the workplace.
Delegates will be assessed by means of 2 multiple choice question papers. Upon successful completion of these, delegates will receive an Ofqual regulated Level 2 Award in Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health from the awarding organisation.
Our open course dates for 2020:
- 16th January – sorry, there are no longer places available on this course
- 19th March – sorry, there are no longer any places available on this course
- 22nd June
- 23rd September
- 2nd November
- 10th December.
We offer this course as both an open session at our premises, please click here to book, or it can be delivered as an in-house course at your premises on dates and times to suit you. Please contact us for more details.