The IOSH Managing Safely course, is designed by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), and is aimed at individuals with management or supervisory responsibilities with regards to health & safety within their workplace. The course is designed to provide them with the ability to manage safely and effectively in compliance with both their organisation’s policy and best practice in health and safety.
The course is divided into the following seven modules:
- Module 1: Introducing managing safely
- Module 2: Assessing risks
- Module 3: Controlling risks
- Module 4: Understanding your responsibilities
- Module 5: Identifying hazards
- Module 6: Investigating accidents and incidents
- Module 7: Measuring performance
Delivery is usually over four days and we offer this training both regularly through the day at our training premises in Sunderland, North East, or can be delivered in-house, at your premises, at times and on dates to suit your requirements.
The course is assessed by means of a short written examination and completion of a workplace risk based assignment. Delegates who successfully complete the assessments will be issued a Managing Safely certificate by IOSH.
Our open course dates for 2018:
- 19th-22nd June
- 18th-21st September.